Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sterling 2 Platinum

Most of you know that my email address for the last few years has been Sterling2platinum@yahoo/gmail and that idea, going from "Sterling" to "Platinum" represents my evolution as a teenager to a young adult. It was a pun because of the music industry (platinum=success, selling 1 million albums) and I was pursuing success in the music industry at the time. I received a lot of success in the music industry since that time and I'm in the process of achieving much more, yet my definition of success has changed immensely as I have made that transition from teenager to young adult. As you can see from my blog posts in 2008, most were about "The Good Life" as someone like Kanye West would describe it (prior to "808's and Heartbreak") and now, in 2009, I've come to the realization that success and achieving one's full potential is not an individual activity. Greed and jealousy do not get people far, in fact they frequently take people millions of steps back. Lots of the people I have looked up to in the past have been motivated by jealousy and/or greed and I see lots of people in my generation motivated and pursuing lifestyles that will ultimately not fulfill them. I hope this blog inspires people to reevaluate their dreams and pushes them to have benevolent influences on culture and society.

No comments: